Paul on Spreading the Gospel--evangelize missionary preach good news Jesus Christ market Christianity- Beliefnet.com

Paul on Spreading the Gospel--evangelize missionary preach good news Jesus Christ market Christianity- Beliefnet.com

Paul on Spreading the Gospel

Selected passages from New Testament epistles.

Romans Chapter 1

14: I am under obligation both to Greeks and to barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish: 15: so I am eager to preach the gospel to you also who are in Rome. 16: For I am not ashamed of the gospel: it is the power of God for salvation to every one who has faith, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

1 Corinthians Chapter 9

14: ...the Lord commanded that those who proclaim the gospel should get their living by the gospel. 15: But I have made no use of any of these rights, nor am I writing this to secure any such provision. For I would rather die than have any one deprive me of my ground for boasting. 16: For if I preach the gospel, that gives me no ground for boasting. For necessity is laid upon me. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel!

17: For if I do this of my own will, I have a reward; but if not of my own will, I am entrusted with a commission. 18: What then is my reward? Just this: that in my preaching I may make the gospel free of charge, not making full use of my right in the gospel. 19: For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a slave to all, that I might win the more. 20: To the Jews I became as a Jew, in order to win Jews; to those under the law I became as one under the law -- though not being myself under the law -- that I might win those under the law. 21: To those outside the law I became as one outside the law -- not being without law toward God but under the law of Christ -- that I might win those outside the law. 22: To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. 23: I do it all for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.

2 Corinthians 11

4: For if some one comes and preaches another Jesus than the one we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or if you accept a different gospel from the one you accepted, you submit to it readily enough. 5: I think that I am not in the least inferior to these superlative apostles. 6: Even if I am unskilled in speaking, I am not in knowledge; in every way we have made this plain to you in all things. 7: Did I commit a sin in abasing myself so that you might be exalted, because I preached God's gospel without cost to you? 8: I robbed other churches by accepting support from them in order to serve you. 9: And when I was with you and was in want, I did not burden any one, for my needs were supplied by the brethren who came from Macedo'nia. So I refrained and will refrain from burdening you in any way.

Galatians 1

6: I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and turning to a different gospel -- 7: not that there is another gospel, but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8: But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to that which we preached to you, let him be accursed. 9: As we have said before, so now I say again, If any one is preaching to you a gospel contrary to that which you received, let him be accursed. 10: Am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still pleasing men, I should not be a servant of Christ. 11: For I would have you know, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not man's gospel. 12: For I did not receive it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through a revelation of Jesus Christ.

I Corinthians 3

4: For when one says, "I belong to Paul," and another, "I belong to Apollos," are you not merely men? 5: What then is Apollos? What is Paul? Servants through whom you believed, as the Lord assigned to each. 6: I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the growth. 7: So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God who gives the growth. 8: He who plants and he who waters are equal, and each shall receive his wages according to his labor. 9: For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building. 10: According to the grace of God given to me, like a skilled master builder I laid a foundation, and another man is building upon it. Let each man take care how he builds upon it. 11: For no other foundation can any one lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Comments

Popular Posts