Introduction to Jesus



Introduction to Jesus
by Tim Greenwood

What you are about to study will help you to understand who and what Jesus was and is. It is my desire that once you have taken in the head knowledge about Jesus -- getting to know about Jesus, that it will make it easier to take the more important step to take Jesus into your heart -- getting to really KNOW Jesus, a relationship and fellowship which can only come through the Holy Spirit. Now, here's Jesus...
Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.


(He did not say learn from me or learn about me, he said learn of me.)
OF = Connects to God, (i.e. Angel of the Lord = Holy Angel)
FROM = Separates from God, (i.e. Angel from the Lord = Fallen Angel)
We are people OF God not FROM God.
Learn OF me, and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
He is the key to rest for your soul.
He wants to be your teacher, he wants you to come and sit at his feet and learn!

There can be no fellowship without revelation.
[Paraphrased]
Ezek 40:3 (Describes Jesus as a man that had the appearance of brass)
Ezek 40:4 And Jesus says, look, hear and desire all that I reveal to you; for it is my intent to bring you here so that I might reveal them to you!
(Revelation is always the result of fellowship.)
Here are 10 revelations of Jesus:

1. He is creator. Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
2. All things were created for him.

3. He IS (not was, IS), before all things.
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
4. By him all things consist, (he holds together, sustains all things).

5. He is the HEAD, No. 1, the ALPHA, the AUTHOR, the beginning, and the preeminence.
Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
6. Everything dwells in him.
Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell; (We just get introduced to him here in this life, Heaven is where we will receive full revelation of him.) 7. All things will be reconciled to him (that are not now his).
Col 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.
8. He is the SOURCE of wisdom and knowledge.
Col 2:3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
9. He is the fullness of the Godhead bodily.
Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily. (The Father and Holy Spirit have form and shape, but they do not have a body like Jesus; a glorified spiritual body; and all the fullness of the Godhead dwells in that body.) 10. He is the head of all principality and power.
Col 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: (At his Name every knee shall bow!!!)
John 1:1 In the beginning (eternal past) was the Word (lima = revelation), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
(no angels, no heaven, no earth, no planets, no moon, no sun, no galaxy, no universe, no time, no space, nothing, only God, The Word, [the express image or revelation of God] and The Spirit of God; Just God)
(Even The Father did not exist, as the Father, until the Word became the Son)
(So, Jesus always was there, even before he became Jesus)
Nine Revelations of Jesus as the Word:

1. The preexisting Word.
John 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
2. The personal Word.
John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
3. The creative Word.
(He is also the doer of all that God wants to do by him.)
4. The life-giving Word.
John 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
(Anyone that receives LIFE from him also receives LIGHT (revelation) of him. Anyone that COMES to him, he will reveal himself to them.) (The key here is to COME, [fellowship], not just showing up.)
5. The light-giving Word.
John 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
6. The illuminating Word.
John 1:9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
7. The saving Word.
John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
8. The incarnate Word.
John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory (he is the totality of God’s Glory), the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
(You can’t have truth without grace, you can’t have grace without truth.)
9. The gracious Word.
John 1:16 And of his fullness have all we received, and grace for grace.
We receive truth when we COME in continuous fellowship [dining, supping, and staying] by living it. (We are talking about prayer here!) When you live it, you have liberty!
John 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my Word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth (Who will reveal the truth? Jesus!), (what will the truth give you? Freedom!), and the truth shall make you free.
Here are 7 results of COMING to him. 1. Prayer is answered instantly.
John 15:7 If ye abide in me, (if you come and the fellowship continues), and (then) my Words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
2. You will bear fruit for him.
(If you read the Bible but do not fellowship with God in prayer, the Bible will have NO EFFECT on your life!)
John 15:8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
3. You will continue in his love.
John 15:9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
4. You will remain joyful.
John 15:11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.
5. It is now possible to love others as God loves you.
John 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
6. Fullness of revelation.
John 15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
7. Our fruit will remain permanently.
John 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Comments

Popular Posts